Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Layla's 4 month doctor visit

I just returned from taking Layla to her 4 month check up at the doctor.
She now weighs 15 pounds and 10 ounces (90% range) and is 26 inches (95% range.) She is so big!!!!

Laura went with me and helped me so much!

The doctor said that Layla is starting to have stranger anxiety because she cried the entire time when he was around. He said it is a little early for her to get it but it is good because it means she is aware of her surroundings. (Mom-he said that this explains why she is acting the way she is around you-You stranger!) Every time Layla would start crying she would stop when she looked directly at me or Laura. I am so glad she did not do this around Laura when she started working with us! The doctor said it will probably happen until she is 2 years old everytime I go...I look forward to that!!

Layla had her shots and they also gave her some medicine that had a grape flavor...she loved it!

I can start feeding her food if I want so I am going to go buy some food at the store soon. I can not wait to see her reaction.

1 comments:

Heather Poole said...

Wow, what a big girl. She didn't seem that big, but maybe that's because I'm used to Cosmo. Maybe you should try to get Layla out a little bit more, so she gets used to people and the anxiety doesn't get worse.