Last night Don and I went out to eat and the waiter asked how old Layla was. We told him 3 months and he said he was very surprised because she is really big. Today I went to lunch with Whitney and Carolynn and the same thing happened with the waiter. I guess that means she really is big. That reminds me of the time I was in France drinking a glass of wine when my waiter asked if I was having a boy or a girl. I returned from France and a few days later the little guy working in the RBC warehouse asked me what I was having. I wasn't pregnant! Tip:Don't ask a woman if she is pregnant-EVER! I won't tell Layla that everyone is saying she is big. My little piglet is just eating and eating. I mean-Drinking and drinking. I went to babiesrus today and bought 11 oz bottles so I do not have to keep refilling them. She was drinking 4 ounces and when I would take the bottle away she would scream louder than she has ever screamed. This is a new thing that has been going on this week. Like I said-I think she is going through a growth spurt. She definitely feels heavy.
Ok-now for the small moments captured by moi.
Tummy Time-
I have to admit...I am not a big fan of Tummy Time. You lay your little darling down on her stomach and she starts turning red, grunting, and then she cries so loud. I give in every time and save her right away. At first I thought that tummy time was just to strengthen neck muscles and teach a baby how to crawl. I read in a book that some babies never even crawl-they just skip crawling and start walking. After attempting Tummy Time 10 times or so...I decided that I was not going to do it anymore. Afterall, some babies don't need to crawl and my little sweet pea already has strong neck muscles. One day I was talking to Don about it and I told him that I have not been doing it and he seemed a little upset about that. Don told me that Tummy Time helps with arm strength. Duh..Right? I didn't think of that. So.....we are back to Tummy Time and I just sit and watch my little angel grunt, turn red, slobber, and cry. I took a video for everyone to watch. This is not so much a proud moment for me but it shows what Layla and I do during the day. Did I say I can't wait for the nanny to start? Just kidding! I am going to miss this time with Layla.
Ok-I just watched this video after writing my long "intro" (I think I am lacking important adult interaction) and watching it still kills me. Do I really have to do it again tomorrow? She ISN'T getting any better!
Baby Einstein Videos-
Don bought this large box for Layla for Christmas while I was pregnant (what a sweet daddy..am I really saying daddy? Before Layla that would have sounded a bit perverted to me but now I am saying things I never thought I would say.) of Baby Einstein Videos. The box comes complete with EVERY Baby Einstein video made. Yes-We have Baby Bach, Baby Neptune, Baby Mcdonald...the list goes on.
I can't wait to show my little Layla these videos. When I see one smile on her face while she is watching a Tuba on the TV-I run to the other room to get Don so he can come see too!
So-this next video is one of those proud little moments that most of you may want to skip. There really isn't anything interesting going on-Layla is talking to her Baby Einstein video on Brass instruments.
So....after DADDY gave Layla the entire Baby Einstein video collection (after Layla is born) he tells me that he does not want Layla watching TV because he saw on the news that studies show that babies that watch TV get ADD. Ok..first of all...Mom has ADD. Mammas mamma has ADD. (LOL) There may be no escaping ADD. Only Time will tell. In the meantime-Layla will get to watch a Baby Einstein movie every now and then and we will not tell Don. I can't help but let Layla watch them...they make her smile. I will do anything to see her toothless smile! Anyways, while we may have ADD...we are learning about the important things in life like about the Tuba, the Trumpette, and the Sax. :)
The next video is of Layla smiling at the brass instrument video.
I forgot to mention that I love the socks Layla is wearing in these videos. We have about 5 pairs that someone gave to us at our shower. Whoever you are...sock person...I love them. Layla loves them too. I try not to put them on her when Don is around because when Don has Layla he fails to make sure her socks stay on (something that makes me crazy) and I will find her sitting on his lap in the living room with ONE sock on and the other is in the cat water bowl. No kidding...it has happened not once but TWICE.
The next video is of Layla in her Baby Einstein jumper. She is really too young for this but did I mention that our little dumpling is ADVANCED? I credit Don's family for this. Don has this amazing strength. Yes-my husband can climb up a wall like spider man. I did not know that my husband possessed skills such as climbing up a wall until one night we were in Vegas at 4:00 am in the morning when he climbed up the hotel hallway wall. You are all probably trying to picture it and I guess it is pretty hard to picture so I will just have to give in and post a picture. (I am loving every minute of it.) So back to Layla-she is advanced and it is because her dad is spider man. If you read my older posts-Layla really doesn't fit in this jumper but with a little help from her mamma (a blanket around her to keep her stablized and a yoga mat for her feet) she can half stand-half hang her little chicken legs and stare and smile at Sassy toys all day. 
Ok-that was not the spider man picture. I can't find it. I did find a picture of my hot husband acting pregnant. :) I will find the spider man picture and I WILL post it. This gives you all something to come back to.... To be continued.....
Saturday, July 14, 2007
Smiles, Tummy Time, and other small moments
Posted by Holly Allen at 8:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comments:
Oh my gosh, she was great at tummy time. That was nothing! Did you see my Munch's video entitled Tummy time? Go watch it. If you want to see sad, that is sad. Layla looks happy and she's really strong.
Post a Comment