I have to admit that I am really surprised when someone tells me that they read this blog. I really did not think that anyone read it besides my sister. My mom told me that my dad checks it regularly. It just shocks me when I go over to see him and he mentions things he sees on this page. Heather told me that Cady reads it which REALLY shocked me. Today I just received an email from Don's dad (DON1) commenting on all of the videos and naked pictures-sorry Don1. (I would like to see Don's naked pictures that you claim to have! :) ) Don even told me that he reads this while at work. I don't want to leave out the random Swiss lady who left a comment!
So-I guess I need to step up and start giving better updates on Layla. I am terrible at writing but I will try my best to update on the newest things going on with my sweet angel Layla. (I took that from you Heather.)I started to just post videos with no updates because I didn't think anyone visited this page. I felt like I would be writing things to myself.
I have to share this one even though it does not have to do with Layla.
Today I had a very scary thing happen. Layla was in her swing sleeping when I hear a banging noise coming from the other room. I went to see what was going on and it was Caymus (our 140 pound Great Dane.) Caymus was running into the walls. She came down the hall and tripped over the stairs. Her tongue was hanging out and she was drooling. I could tell she was scared. I called Don and he came home and took her to the vet. This is the second time this has happened. It is very scary seeing a 140 pound dog that can not walk. Everything seems to be fine now. The Dr. did some tests and we do not have the results yet.
Ok-now for my sweet little Layla. I think she is going through a growth spurt. She normally drinks 4 ounces of formula and in the past 2 days she has been eating a lot more. Yesterday morning she had 12 ounces-yep that is right....12 ounces of formula for my little piggy. She has been drinking anywhere between 4-12 ounces this week. I can't wait to go to the Dr. and have her weight checked.
I have noticed lately that she is better able to pick things up with her hands. Before it was very obvious that she had no hand-eye coordination. Lately-she has been able to pick things up and put them in her mouth-blankets, toys, etc. On her Baby Eintstein Jumper she even can roll this red ball full of beads. This is all quite exciting for us. Yes, (to all of my friends with no kids) I get excited when I see Layla reach out and roll a ball full of beads. Don and I will look at eachother and smile when we see Layla do things like this. We are so proud of our little dumpling. She is really growing up and time is flying by fast.
I can not believe that I am going back to work soon. Where did the 4 months go?
I was thinking about how my videos are probably so boring to everyone because there really is not a lot going on in them...but again I am just proud when I see Layla smile, roll a ball, pick something up...anything I can capture I do. And I plan on making a DVD for Layla with all of these little videos put together for her first year of life.
Layla has the most pretty blue eyes and precious little lips.
Friday, July 13, 2007
Friday
Posted by Holly Allen at 3:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
wow, fantastic post. Keep them coming.
Poor Caymus. That does sound frightening. I hope she's okay. Remember when Kizzy scared the crap out of us when he couldn't walk and we took him to that 24 hour emergency vet because he kept stumbling and how scared we were and how when we got there you couldn't even watch when the vet opened his carrier and....the little faker walked out like nothing was wrong! Crazy cat with a sleeping leg!
I know what you mean about capturing everything Layla does, because I've done the same. Whenever anything new happens I've got my camera on it, and I'm so glad I've done that, because it's shocking how fast they grow and how quickly they change.
Holly,
Love your blog! Layla is so pretty! You and Don really seem to be naturals at the parenting thing! You are a good writer and moment capturer- if that is a word. ha ha.
I was just looking at Heather's shower pictures (that was so fun) and I can't believe how much all of our lives have changed since then. We are growing up! And we are Mommys! It's so cool!
Keep the posts coming!
Cady
Post a Comment