I love holidays and I love them even more now that I get to watch Layla enjoy them too. My mom told me this week that I am her "little holiday girl."
I was excited about spending the holidays with Layla and Don so I bought Layla a really cute outfit this week from my favorite baby store...Hanna Anderson. Her outfit ended up not fitting (it was too big) but she still wore her new tights, shoes and hat. Maybe the outfit will fit for Christmas with the rate that she is growing.
We woke up and fed Layla her first Cheerio today...We weren't really sure if she liked it. We then all got ready and went over to Don's cousin Rhonda's house and had lunch ...it was so good! I told Jymme that Layla had her first Cheerio and she said "it wasn't her first." I wonder how many firsts we think we are having that really aren't? I know my mom busted out a sippy cup and was feeding Layla water long before we did.... LOL. What happens at grandma's stays at grandma's... LOL..Until Layla talks. Oh..I know..that will go both ways! That will be interesting...
Layla and I went upstairs and played with the other kids in this great playroom that Rhonda has...Layla loved it. I think she really liked being around the kids. Rhonda was so sweet and gave us a few toys for Layla to take home and keep. I also found out where the mystery outfit came from. Jymme took care of Layla last weekend while we were in Vegas. Rhonda had given Jymme some things to give Layla and Jymme packed them in Layla's bags that we brought home. We were so tired that Laura ended up unpacking Layla's things, washed them, and put them away...so that is how the mystery outfit arrived at our house. I also found a cute pair of shoes today too. So..thank you so much Rhonda! (And Jymme-for your time with Layla)
Don and I then left and went to my other in-laws... the Ravkinds. I can't say how great they are and have been to me for the 10 years that I have known Whitney. There is no family like the Ravkinds...and I mean that! In college-I would spend Thanksgiving at the Ravkind's house and will never forget Family Incorporated. I was shocked when I found out that I had to sit in a big circle and stand up and tell the group who I was and what I have been doing. LOL. Seriously-I will never forget that memory and even though I was a little nervous about that whole thing..I will always cherish the memory.
Here I go...I get all emotional on holidays.
The entire Ravkind family played guitar hero (yes, every one of them) and we hung out there for a few hours. Everyone watched while each person played guitar hero and (let me give you a visual) about 10 people were in the room and half were playing air guitar while someone was playing. LOL. Layla was a little scared at first but at the end she had been held by every person there and was having a good time. Little Allan saw me changing Layla's diaper and told me not to worry about putting her shoes back on...she can take them off and be comfortable! LOL. OH MY GOD. ADOPT ME!I hope Layla turns out like that!
Don and I got home and I fed Layla and gave her a bath. It was hard to get her to go to sleep. I guess because she had not screamed all day (she was being shy??) she had to get it all out here... before going to bed. She was doing her high pitched scream for about 2 hours or so and she just went to bed.
I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving! I feel it is so important to be around the people that you love during the holidays and I am very thankful for my family and everyone that I spent today with.
Tomorrow we do not have any plans but Saturday my mom will be here and she will be taking Layla for the night. Sunday I am taking Layla to get some Christmas pictures taken. I am also going to take her to get her picture taken with Santa. I hope she doesn't cry but I have a feeling she will!
PS-Yes..Layla is big. Yes..she has big thighs and is tall and weighs a lot. I know. And guess what...I love every bit of it! (Thanks Heather)
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Layla's First Thanksgiving!
Posted by Holly Allen at 8:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Ahhh, she looks so cute in her little pink winter outfit. Cady also loves that store. I'm sure Cady is going to tell you a story about it as soon as she sees this post. I wish we could have been around to celebrate with you. I WANT TO GO HOME! :) BTW, I don't think Layla looks big at all. She looks normal to me. And super cute.
Yo auntie, update the page, and then come check me out - www.cosmomo.blogspot.com (I made it just for you)
Cosmo-naut
Post a Comment