Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Miss Layla is 3 months and 3 weeks old!

Wow-how time flys by! I can not believe that the end of my maternity leave is coming soon and Layla is already almost 4 months old. I am getting a little sad just thinking about not being able to spend so much time with her. I know it will be such a relief to have a nanny to help me and to get back to work and have adult interaction again. I wish I could have it both ways but I know that there is no way to.

We have been really busy lately. Sunday Don and I took Layla over to Jymme's house so that she could watch Layla for the night. After dropping Layla off we went to a work party that Don's boss was having. It has been a while since we went out without Layla so it was nice to go to a party.

Monday afternoon I went to Jymme's house to pick Layla up. Layla was in the middle of the living room in a jumper and was as happy as ever. She was bouncing around while laughing.

My mom was in town today-she leaves tomorrow. My mom and I spent the day shopping and bought Layla some really cute clothes (6-9 months.) She is growing so fast and her 3-6 month clothes are getting a little tight already.

My mom wanted to buy something for Layla to play in while Layla is at her house. We looked at the cute thing Jymme has (which is really the best thing I have seen-Layla really LOVES it) but my mom decided to get a walker instead (something that Layla can use later.)

I took pictures of Layla in her new walker. We had to put a blanket on the floor for her to stand on because her feet did not touch the ground.




Layla found her thumb today!



And after a long day of jumping in almost every jumper at the store and sucking her thumb-Layla passed out.





Yes-I know what you are thinking....why is that diaper jacked (like my word? LOL) all of the way up to Layla's chin? After changing millions of diapers---I still am not the best at it. In fact-My mom said over and over today "I think that skirt is too little for Layla." I had to say, "NO-Her Diaper is just really high! That is how I put it on." I think I need a diaper lesson from Jymme and Elise because I have seen the work they do and it doesn't look like mine! :)

Laura (the nanny) starts tomorrow at 9:00 am. I will try to sneak a picture of her so you can see what she looks like!

2 comments:

Heather Poole said...

Layla gets cuter and cuter every day. I can't believe how different she looks from last week! I love the skirt. Cosmo has the same problem with his diaper hanging out of his shorts. Oh, and cady's computer crashed right before she left for ohio.

Holly Allen said...

Go to bed! LOL-just kidding, I guess it is late here and only 8:30 there.

You really think she looks different from last week? Are you serious?????

I can't wait to put Layla's new clothes on her. I am now obsessed with the little underwear with ruffles on the butt. I bought a ton of cute outfits that have that.

Cosmos diaper hangs out too?? What do you do with the top? I don't get it!!??